Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Month To Go!

Ahem, I'd like to inform you that my official countdown has begun! ;) I don't anticipate wanting to speed up the countdown clock until its getting very(!) close to zero, or past zero, but I must admit that entering the home stretch is quite exciting.
 
Absolutely no photos of me this week... at least not today as I'm completely swollen.  Not preggo swollen in ankles and legs, rather swollen pretty much all over from the combination of RA and the large amounts of prednisone flowing through my body.  The prednisone is one b!tch of a drug... I was seriously inflamed and in a lot of pain at the end of the week, so I decided to double my dose for 2 days (up to 20mg, which is still nothing compared to what I used to be on and isn't close to the 60mg max that they set during pregnancy) and then taper down over a few days.  This usually gives my joints a good kick in the tush and allows my body some relief and to calm down and end up at my normal dose. 
 
Well, with that freaking 10 additional milligrams of inflammation-busting-steroid-goodness comes a whole host of nastiness that almost outweighs the benefits of the only medication I can take while pregnant...  I can't sleep (after all, it is a steroid), am puffed up like the Michelin man (on top of preggo weight... yay!), and my mental state rapidly deteriorates.  There's not much you can do about the side effects other than ride it out, so no sympathy is necessary for me... but mucho(!!) is needed for my poor hubby who is kept up until 2am with a wide-awake wife who is getting hysterical over just about anything that comes to her mind at any given moment.  I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that this guy should be up for sainthood for not divorcing me after these nights... seriously.
 
Alas, today is another day and there's a lot to be excited about.  Brandy is in labor, so we'll have an update on Mason's arrival in the coming hours.  I'm also "this close" to finishing baby girl's room... we're talking screw-in-the-last-bolts-to-secure-the-bed skirt close to completion!  I can barely stand it... needless to say, once its complete (minus wall decor b/c we're not even thinking about that yet!) I will be shouting (screaming!) from the rooftops b/c I'm so freaking excited!!  Also, depending on the rest of the day's events, Joe and I are heading over to Strathmore tonight to watch "Singing in the Rain" at the outdoor movie fest... I'm so excited about it and just cannot wait! 
 
A lot on the horizon... not here just yet... but on the horizon!

No comments: