Monday, May 24, 2010

I Heart Faces - A YELLOW Beak on Wristshot

Dagny at the Capitals Game - 7 weeks old - 10-30-2009

This happens to be one of my all-time favorite Dagny photos and when I read that this week's theme is "yellow," it was the first photo to come to mind! Granted, I have an adorable Ralph Lauren romper in a beautiful pale yellow that I could have put on Dagny and taken a photo, but I decided to go with this one!

One of the counsellors at the Ranch gave Joe and I tickets to the Capitals Game on Halloween (okay, the day before Halloween -- but it was Halloween night at the game!) and I got so excited because it gave me inspiration to make her a costume! Joe and I had joked that we would make our little girl a Slapshot costume and call her "Wristshot," Slapshot's sidekick! I had never really made a costume before, let alone one for a baby who was too small for newborn-sized clothes, so it was quite a challenge! In the end, we had a blast at the game - people coo-ed and ahh-ed over our little miss (although many thought she was a little mister, but whatevs!) and we got to see a game live in the phone booth!

The rest of the photos from that night are available here:
From the blogger: After reading so many blogs that have entered i heart faces contests in the past, I've decided that it would be fun to enter in the weekly contests! I fully recognize that I'll never win anything, but it can only help my development as a photographer! :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

So cute!