Monday, March 28, 2011

Meeting the Mouse...

Last week was spent roaming around all of the Parks at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL!  We had a big group of people (our family, Grandma Nancy & Grandpa Joe, the Sebolds, and Drew & Katie!), so it took quite a bit of planning for everyone to be able to do activities, but it all worked out pretty well.

I had made two character meal reservations before we went-- a girls lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table (in her Castle... more on that later!) and a big group dinner at Chef Mickey's with the Big Five (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto).  Chef Mickey's was the last day in the parks and as the day went on, everyone started to bail on us... under most circumstances this would really upset me (I'm a planner!), but after spending the whole week as a big group, I just let it go... the bottom line is that I was truly and insanely excited for this dinner and realized that I didn't want people attending just "to go" and not to join in the fun and be "into it" with us.  It ended up just being our little family-- Joe, D, and I -- and it was perfect!  D got to meet the characters (the rock stars of her little world!) and we just smiled and giggled as we watched her sing, dance, eat ice cream, and enjoy every moment of the experience.  It was definitely one of those experiences that you never wanted to end!

I have a whole bunch of photos on facebook, but here are a few video clips from dinner...

Dagny meeting Donald...

Dagny seeing Mickey for the 1st time...

Dagny meeting Mickey (I had to turn off video so I could take a photo!)...

Does it get better than this?!  I don't think so!

No comments: