Monday, October 08, 2012

Lucky Number Seven...


At a 30th birthday party this summer, a friend's roommate was talking to Hubby and this is what I overheard from literally three feet away (not verbatim, but you'll get the point):

Friend: Whatever you do, don't get married.
Hubby: Have you met my wife, Rory? 
Friend: Oh, well don't get a house/mortgage...
Hubby: Yep, we have one of those.
Friend: At least you don't have kids...
Hubby: We actually have an almost 3 year old... (puts his hand on my belly) ...and one due in December.
Friend: (Speechless)

I'm sure my Hubby can tell this story far better than I, but we definitely had a good laugh over this one... he's actually a pretty cool guy and had been drinking for a few hours, but still... seven years of marriage brings a lot of exciting milestones! 

While thinking about our seventh anniversary, I've realized that we've had our fair share of up's and down's together. Luckily, most of them have been "up's" and I continue to love my sweet Hubby more and more over time... something I definitely didn't think possible! I definitely got lucky when I met this one... there was no way I was going to let him go in the beginning and I'll be holding on to him for many years to come! ;)



p.s. We usually celebrate our anniversary by going to the Caps home opener (read last year's post here- we spent 4/6 of our anniversaries at Caps games) and I'm totally bumming about the NHL lockout ruining our tradition!

No comments: