Friday, January 18, 2013

Master Chief Celebrate 2 Months with the Caps!

MC turned two months old on Tuesday and we celebrated with a Mommy-Son date to Kettler Iceplex in VA to watch the Caps scrimmage the Reading Royals during their shortened training camp! It was raining, so traffic was terrible and it took me nearly 2 hours to go 22.5 miles, but it was worth it when I inhaled that cold ice rink air and saw my favorite hockey guys out on the ice in their red practice sweaters!

Seriously, who knew I'd get emotional about a practice?! Yes, I'm an emotional person, but didn't expect it on Tuesday morning... something about taking my son to his first Caps experience (he's already behind he curve-- Doodle had been to two games by now!) and being back among those rocking the red!

NHL politics aside (talk to Hubby if you want to get into it, I'm focusing on the positive fact that they're back and just looking forward), how can you not love cuddling up with a two month old in his hand-me-down Ovi sweater while watching some of the most talented athletes in the world?! Yep, life is good.

p.s. Photo quality is admittedly low these days... all cell phone photos... trying to live in the moment and not stressing about capturing the perfect photo every time. Sometimes a little snapshot is enough!









No comments: