Monday, February 25, 2008

The Perfect Game

Luckily, we didn't have too much to get done this weekend (or we didn't feel like doing it!) so it was very nice to sleep in and just unwind after stressful weeks at work! Saturday afternoon we headed down to the Eastern Shore to go to an Engagement Party for Brandy and Eric (given by his parents). It was nice to meet his whole family and have an informal kickoff to the wedding festivities. Saturday night, Joe and I just vegged... got KFC (which I later regretted)... I read my book and Joe played Halo. By the end of the night, I was sitting on the couch laughing hysterically at a game replay of Joe's where he just got killed at every turn. We had it on fast forward, so it was especially hilarious to see his guy flying across the screen and dying. I'm sure there's a psychoanalysis key to something here, but it was just kinda fun to get out some anger and frustration on the xbox!Sunday was a different story... we slept in... watched the Wire... and cuddled up on the couch for the afternoon!! Sirius was being extra cuddlicious and we totally passed out together! Joe, of course, got online to play some Halo. Now, I rarely have a lot of appreciation for my hubby's gamer ways, but yesterday I think I grasped the gravity of his feat... a perfect game! Lots of kills and no dying! This is the 1st time its happened to Joe, and as I understand it doesn't happen often! :) Yay Hubby!

I spent the rest of the night watching the Oscars... kind of a yawn b/c I didn't see most of the big movies. A big yay for Juno... I really loved that movie! I was a big fat retard before the Oscars... I didn't see the steam coming out of the steamer head, so I grabbed it to see if it was on... and now my left hand is totally singed (and therefore useless!)! The silver lining is definitely the fact that compared to my hand, my injection didn't hurt too much!! I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for taking 4 shots in a row (weekly, of course... but I haven't skipped a week) and am feeling okay!

This week's going to be a little slow on the workfront, but it's all good in the hood! ;)

No comments: