Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Is Really Real?

First, let's just start with saying that although I'm getting pink and blue plus signs and smiley faces on pee-sticks, I don't feel any different.

I had an appt with Dr. D yesterday, ironically it was scheduled during the last mentioned visit and I completely forgot about it until the reminder call. She crept into the exam room with a hesitant face and said, "Well....?!" I gave her a hesitant smile and said "I think so." You see, I'm hesitant to get too excited about it b/c I know the odds... at least 1/5 of pregnancies end in miscarriages. That, and I'm still in a bit of disbelief that there's a sesame seed-size embryo floating around in there. Anyway, I've had really bad pains in my right foot... so when she checked me out, she was happy with all of my other non-swollen joints, yet deeply concerned about my foot. Knowing that I'm officially off of the Enbrel injections, I had a feeling about what she'd propose... a much dreaded cortisone shot. Yep, it hurt like a Bee.....

This morning I rung Dr. Ryan's office to make an appointment. The conversation proceeds:

Secretary: Good Morning, How can I help you.
Rory: I need to make an appointment.
S: Can I ask what this is in reference to?
R: Ummm, I think I'm pregnant.
S: Did you take a home pregnancy test?
R: Yes.
S: ...and...
R: All four of them came out positive.
S: Well that answers that... you're pregnant. Let's get you scheduled....

Knowing that I want to know for sure, and that I wanted Joe to come along, I pushed the appointment out two weeks... by then I'll be approx. 7 weeks and maybe we can get them to do an ultrasound (b/c then it will be real!)... so we'll see.

No comments: