Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Keeping Cool in the Pool #WordfulWednesday

Have you ever had one of "those" days?!  I feel like this week - at work - has been a whole bunch of those days put together!  Our usually-quiet DC summer has been quite noisy due to the Debt Ceiling issue and that kicked my job into high gear!  It's exciting for any policy wonk, but when rallying the troops is part of your job, there's a lot to be done...

Why am I telling you this?  Because I had the perfect "water" photo for the iheartfaces challenge this week and was too busy to post it by their deadline on Tuesday night.  I realized it last night, after we got home from seeing Captain America and before I drifted off to sleep dreaming of Thor (call me un-american to take him over CA, but man he's gorgeous! I digress.), that when I tried to upload the post yesterday it didn't go through.  Bummer. 

I'm going to show it to you anyway because I just love it so much... it's an unusual break from the Doodle Pics (have you searched #DoodlePicoftheDay lately!?) as I picked a photo I took at THE BEST CAMP EVER last Friday...


Pretty good, right?! I love it!  I also have some photos from their staff talent show that you can check out here.

If you've been living in an air-conditioned hole this past week, you may have missed the memo that we've been having ridiculous heat here in the DC area.  My car thermometer reached 105 the other day and the "feels like" temperature was in the upper teens!

We took advantage of the amenities at Nancy & Pop Pop's House and went swimming on Saturday...

Eating "Topsickels" at Music & Drama (left); On our way to the Ranch (middle); Playing in the baby pool (right)

Okay, back to work... cross your fingers that Congress gets their act together this week (and subsequently keeps our country from defaulting and making my work-life a little easier) and that Baby Cissne comes early (I'll be passing through Philly on Friday and would love to jump off the train and meet my nephew!)!!

No comments: