Monday, August 29, 2011

Thank You for Partying With Us...

Even with Hurricane Irene making her way up the coast, our wonderful family and friends came out to Mountainside to celebrate Doodle's 2nd Birthday! 


There was a constant sprinkle throughout the day, so our pool party quickly turned into a barn party... moon bounce and all!

Doodle jumped right into the moon bounce and we literally had to pull her out of it to sing "Happy Birthday" to her...

Clearly she would have rather stayed in the moon bounce!

She was spoiled rotten by her family and friends... we now have more princess-themed gear than we thought possible!  I had to giggle as she started to put on all of her gifts as she opened them...


I wasn't able to take as many photos of everyone as I would have liked, but I guess that's expected when you're trying to manage a party and photograph at the same time!  Both of my parents were SO helpful throughout the day- from keeping Doodle out of my hair while we decorated, helping me set up, taking photos and then getting everything back to my house... we couldn't have done it without Kippy and MiMi/Gramme!


After the party my family (Grandparents down to Cousin Sparkles) came back to our house to hang out.  Since we rarely have everyone together, it was definitely a treat... that ended at 11:30pm with Doodle and Sparkles dancing on the kitchen table.  Oh yes, it was a fun night!

We held a mandatory family nap time yesterday (the 1st time Doodle has ever taken a nap in our bed!) and then enjoyed watching Doodle re-discover her birthday presents...


She even wore her princess dress over to Grandma's for dinner... some battles are not worth fighting (especially when it comes to clothing... if that's how she wants to dress, go for it!)! :)  We ended the weekend with watching Tangled before bed...

Needless to say, I'm exhausted... Happy and thankful for a great weekend, but dead tired.  I think I officially need a vacation.

No comments: