Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Celebrating the Fruits of My Labor on Labor Day... #WordlessWednesday

Doodle's 2nd Birthday was on Monday... Yep, she's a labor day baby!  Although I wasn't expecting her until Mid-September of 2009, it was kind of fun to post status updates like "putting the labor into labor day" when my water broke 2 weeks early!  We definitely enjoyed a quiet hospital experience, but it was also a smidge of a bummer because some of our friends and family were out of town for the holiday weekend.  All-in-all, I can't be more excited about the fruits of my labor... Little Doodle-Do who just turned two!

We had a Girl's Only Breakfast at Chik Fil A... She was more excited about her Chocolate Milk and the playground than the actual food, but I certainly enjoyed my Chicken Biscuit!
Watched a little Tangled while Mom & Dad got dressed... and headed to the Zoo for the Day!
We actually celebrated her 1st Birthday at the Zoo (read about it here) and decided to go again because she's much more into animals and talks to them like she's Dr. Dolittle.
The highlights were what you'd expect... Monkeys, Apes, Elephants, Lions, Zebras and Tigers!  She was exhausted by the end of the trip, but we could tell that she had a blast seeing all of the animals!
After a good nap at home, we wrapped up the birthday celebration with dinner and cake!  We truly had a great day celebrating our 2 year old!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Doodle!

1 comment:

Fowler Tribe said...

Happy Birthday Dagne! It looks like she had a wonderfully fun day. I love looking at her pics, she is so stinking cute!